As a current or prospective tenant this page explains what you can expect when you rent from a landlord that is a member of the U.A.L.A.
As a member of the UALA your landlord should:
- Provide Tenant(s) with a clean, safe, and well-kept property upon commencement of the lease.
- Respond to any phone call received from Tenant(s) regarding housing problems within 24 hours and sooner in the case of an emergency.
- Make necessary repairs within a reasonable and appropriate amount of time.
- Provide to Tenant(s) an estimated time frame for the completion of repairs and communicate what responsibility Tenant(s) will have in order for work to be completed.
- Provide reasonable notice prior to showing property to prospective tenants. It is unacceptable for Landlord to show up without reasonable notice to Tenants.